Our client is expanding and is looking for an additional Setter to join their team.
Based in the Jewellery Quarter Birmingham
Duties will include
- Stone Setting
- Precious, semiprecious, or ornamental stones in rings, earrings, bracelets, brooches all bespoke pieces of jewellery using hand tools
- Placing item in vise. Cutting and files setting to accommodate stones, using files, chisels, and hand or electric drills.
- Positioning stones in setting and fixes in place by pressing prongs around stone, by raising retaining metal ridge around stone, or by tapping edges of setting with setting tool and hammer, forcing metal against stone.
- Smoothing edges, using emery file and pointed steel tool.
- Examines union of stone and setting, using magnifying glass. May also drill holes in settings preparatory to setting stones in piece.
- May also replace stones in rings. May also be designated according to stone set as Diamond Setter according to item worked on as Stone Setter
- Other skills if possible engraving
- Working with expensive material so this role would include a bench test for applicants which will be 3 hours at their site.
- Other duties may be required
In return they offer a competitive salary
Nice working conditions with a TEAM ethos everyone helps each other.
20 days holiday plus bank holidays
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience apply now
If this is for you please apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Due to the unprecedented volume of response we are currently receiving, regrettably we are no longer able to respond to every application individually. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume your application for this role has been unsuccessful. We do read each CV carefully and if the situation changes or another potentially suitable role becomes active, we will be back in contact.