£19,961 to £21,183 Per Annum
I am delighted to be working for a very valued client of mine, an Educational Charity Trust, who are committed to enriching the lives and transforming the futures for children.
This is a new role and will enhance the established HR team already in place. The HR Assistant role will help provide proactive, hands-on advisory support to the Academy Trust under the direction of the HR Director and HR Business Partner and the HR Advisors. This role is a full time role - working term time only +2 days.
The purpose of the role:
To ensure the provision of a proactive, forward-thinking, trust-minded, competent and consistent HR service across the Trust, contributing to the overall success of the HR service. The successful candidate will support the HR Business Partner and HR Advisors on a daily basis with HR related matters and provide a confidential HR admin service. The role will involve being the first point of call for any queries e.g telephone and email queries and deal with trust wide queries as appropriate.
Key Accountabilities of the role:
- Be the first point of call for all incoming HR queries across the Trust, verbal and in writing and respond to these where appropriate or escalate these to the relevant colleagues
- Provide an all-encompassing HR administrative service to the Trust including copying, filing, updating the HR system, and setting up new starters fully on the system and as necessary on SIMS. Keep personnel files up to date and file documents promptly
- Keep up to date annual leave, additional days worked, banked hours and absence records for all staff
- Track and monitor staff absence across the Trust ensuring that return to work meetings and informal meetings are carried out
- Arrange occupational health assessment, complete forms and request GP reports.
- Be responsible for producing reports/graphs on a regular basis for meetings
- Ensure that probation reviews are carried out in a timely fashion
- Attend internal stage 1 and 2 employee relation meetings
- Complete reference requests
- Support the Recruitment, Apprenticeship and Training Advisor with all recruitment initiatives
- Take notes at meetings
- Support the Payroll and Systems Manager upon request
Key Experience and Knowledge for the role:
- Educated to GCSE Level A*-C or equivalent in English and Maths
- CIPD Level 3 Foundation Certificate in HR Practice
- Good Knowledge of IT systems including use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and email
- Fully proficient in typing, keyboarding and note taking
- Good planning and time management skills
- Recent experience in an admin role ideally in a HR department
- Good knowledge of office procedures and equipment
- Experience of working in HR within an education setting would be desirable
If this role has caught your attention and you would like further information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Kate Parker. Alternatively, if you feel you have the relevant skills, experience and knowledge, please apply today.
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Due to the unprecedented volume of response we are currently receiving, regrettably we are no longer able to respond to every application individually. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume your application for this role has been unsuccessful. We do read each CV carefully and if the situation changes or another potentially suitable role becomes active, we will be back in contact.