£26,145 to £27,675 Per Annum
I am delighted to be working for a very valued client of mine, an Educational Charity Trust, who are committed to enriching the lives and transforming the futures for children.
The HR Advisor role will help provide proactive, hands-on advisory support to the Academy Trust under the direction of the HR Director and the HR Business Partner. This role is a full time role - working term time only +2 days.
The purpose of the role:
To ensure the provision of a proactive, forward-thinking, trust-minded, competent and consistent HR service across the Trust, contributing to the overall success of the HR service. The successful candidate will lead on the interpretation of HR policies and procedures, employment law and employee relation matters in compliance with statutory obligations and best practice.
Key Accountabilities of the role:
- Deal with all HR queries across the Trust, verbal and in writing, and respond to these where appropriate or escalate these to the relevant colleagues
- Lead on the provision of advice and guidance on HR policies and procedures, employment legislation and employee relation matters in line with best practice and make decisions independently within the remit of the role
- Oversee and proactively address employee relation matters across the Trust and attend employee relations meetings as necessary in a HR advisory capacity
- Escalate complex employee relation matters to the HR Business Partner
- Oversee and facilitate management investigations
- Prepare the relevant hearing packs for employee relation meetings in readiness for them to be copied and sent to the HR Assistants
- Draft appropriate outcome letters for employee relation meetings
- Be responsible for effective and efficient absence management across the Trust
- Lead Trust-wide in the absence management process and invoke the process in line with policy and procedure
- Escalate complex sickness absence to the HR Business Partner
- Ensure that resignations are acknowledged
- Ensure that payroll is notified of any leavers
- Support the performance management process
- Attend meetings at academy and Trust level
Key Experience and Knowledge for the role:
- An excellent understanding of employment law and legislation and ability to advise on its practical implementation.
- Educated to GCSE level A* - C or equivalent in English and Maths.
- Diploma or Masters in HR Management.
- A good understanding of employment legislation
- A proven track record of leading in employee relation matters and making decisions
- HR generalist experience working independently
- Accomplished at planning and time management, confident working within restricted timescales, well developed organisational skills
- An understanding of Equal Opportunities and Data Protection legislation
- Good knowledge of IT systems and proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience of working in a unionised environment
- Experience of working in a busy operational HR function in the private, public or voluntary sector
If this role has caught your attention and you would like further information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Kate Parker. Alternatively, if you feel you have the relevant skills, experience and knowledge, please apply today.
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Please note due to responses we can only respond to successful candidates which will be within 48 hours of your application. Thank you!