Our client is expanding and seeking to recruit an experienced Head of Operations with print experience background
The role will include
- Managing the manufacturing processes in the Press, Post Press, Shipping/Receiving
- Maintenance, and Graphic Installation departments in a manner that maximizes productivity, meets scheduling requirements and minimizes cost; in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Prioritise, schedule and produce work assignments, delegating where necessary to directly run and/or supervise the workflow in the Press, Post Press, Shipping/Receiving, Maintenance and Installation functions to ensure maximum productivity and scheduling requirements are met at the minimum cost.
- Work cohesively with the Head of Design to check; accuracy and viability of the product specifications, check workflow schedules, confirm product specifications for production, arrange adjustments etc.
- Operate and run all software and related print machinery and presses.
- Provide technical expertise and advice to clients and staff as required.
- Study, document, control and improve all manufacturing processes and procedures to achieve maximum productivity, minimum cost and scheduling requirements. Ensure documentation is easily understood.
- Direct any Press, Post Press, Shipping/Receiving, Maintenance and Installations supervisors and managers.
- Maintain budgetary goals.
- Manage manufacturing equipment through maintenance of existing equipment, establishing new equipment requirements, assistance and ownership in the installation of new equipment, etc.
- Establish and maintain a quality assurance system.
- Determine performance standards of any direct reports. Ensure employees' understanding and compliance with performance standards through establishment of accountability for work.
- Manage all engineering projects with the Technical Director.
- Ensure completion of all required paperwork, records, documents, labelling etc.
- Ensure all safety and work rules and regulations are followed. Ensure departmental and company-wide housekeeping standards.
- Stock ordering and sourcing of relevant materials for department.
Marginal job functions
- Conduct meetings
- Loading products
- Process conception and delivery
- Graphics installation on site
- Facilitate and/or support teams
- Give presentations
- Participate in capital budgeting
- Develop staff skills by conducting appropriate training
- Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications and education requirements
- The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) – desirable not essential
- First Aid – desirable not essential
- Effective leadership and staff management
- Customer focus
- Ability to prioritise / workflow planning
- Communication skills at all levels with various stakeholders
- Proactive and thorough ownership to closure
- Logical, with initiative and creative problem solving
- Quality control
- Mechanically and IT minded
- Administration (may be computerised management systems and/or manual admin)
- Relationship building / collaboration
- Ability to work accurately and methodically under pressure
- Tact and the ability to persuade and negotiate
In return they offer
- Free parking
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free tea and coffee
- Competitive salary
If this sounds like the role for you apply now with your CV to email@example.com
Due to the unprecedented volume of response we are currently receiving, regrettably we are no longer able to respond to every application individually. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume your application for this role has been unsuccessful. We do read each CV carefully and if the situation changes or another potentially suitable role becomes active, we will be back in contact.