£24,647 to £26,277 Per Annum
Talk to us
We are delighted to be working for a very valued client, an Educational Charity Trust, who are committed to enriching the lives and transforming the futures for children. This role is a full time role - working term time only + 10 days.
Working with a vibrant, forward thinking and engaging COO and their team to drive the finance delivery and service across the Trust and contribute to the overall efficiency and success of the Finance department.
A varied and interesting role has arisen for Finance Officer, supporting the Trust Accountant
As the Finance Officer your duties will include:
- Fully responsible for the competion of monthly period end and monthly management accounts
- Preparation of monthly budget monitoring report and analysis of budget variances
- Processing of financial transactions in accordance with Trust Financial Regulations
- Supporting the Accountant with year-end preparations and financial audits
- Monthly bank reconciliations, payments, invoicing, creditor payment runs ensuring accuracy at all times
- Overseeing the expense claims process and maintenance of the fixed assets register and inventory
- Management of certain ledgers within the Trust’s Accounting Software, such as asset and contracts
- Be the Risk Officer for central services and consolidate and maintain the integrated risk framework
- Supporting the Accountant in all aspect to ensure the Finance service is effective, efficient and business focused approach
- Assisting with creating and implementing robust financial management contributing towards harmonised financial procedures
- Working closely with the will require a proactive approach to engage the wider business
- AAT qualified or currently studying or working towards further accounting qualifications Accounting Technician/ACCA/CIMA or similar
- Ideally you will currently be a Finance Officer or Accounts Assistant with a desire to develp your career
- Demonstrable experience of financial procedures and practices to meet audit, legal and statutory requirments
- Experience of financial accounts and controls, reconciliations, ledger controls and generation of reports
- Experience of variance analysis
- Proven track record and demonstrable experience of working as Finance or Accounts Officer in the education sector will be an advantage but not essential
- Strong attention to detail and proficient in gathering, analysing and evaluation financial information accurately
- Self motivated with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Good communication and relationship building skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels
- Professional with a commitment to acitvely support change and continuing professional development
If this role has caught your attention and you would like further information, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
- Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Please note due to responses we can only respond to successful candidates which will be within 48 hours of your application. Thank you!