£20,102 to £21,333 Per Annum
Talk to us
I am delighted to be working for a very valued client of mine, an Educational Charity Trust, who are committed to enriching the lives and transforming the futures for children.
The successful candidate will support the Accountant and Finance Officer on a daily basis with finance administration and processing. This role is a full time role - working term time only + 10 days.
The purpose of the role:
The purpose of the role is to be the first point of call for all queries to the finance department via telephone and email and perform any other duties under the direction of the COO and the Accountant.
Key Accountabilities of the role:
- Be the first point of call for all incoming queries
- Monitoring spending programmes and all budgets using financial software
- Process orders and invoices in line with policy and procedure
- Produce payment runs and ensure payments are made to suppliers within specified timescales
- Assist the Accountant and Finance Officer in producing monthly VAT returns
- Enter journals on accounting software
- Support with monthly reconciliations
- Assist with month end procedures
- Entering and recording assets on the Fixed Asset Register
- Send out monthly budget holder reports
Key Experience and Knowledge for the role:
- Educated to GCSE Level A*-C or equivalent in English and Maths
- AAT qualification is desirable
- Good knowledge of IT systems including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Recent experience in an admin role, ideally within a finance function
- Pleasant and confident telephone manner
- Excellent attention to detail
If this role has caught your attention and you would like further information, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Alternatively, if you feel you have the relevant skills, experience and knowledge, please apply today.
- Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
If you think you have the relevant skills, please email your CV to email@example.com
Please note due to responses we can only respond to successful candidates which will be within 48 hours of your application. Thank you!