£26,000 to £28,000 Per Annum
We are recruiting for an experienced Driver Trainer for a national logistics client in Worcestershire. Are you in love with logistics and crazy about compliance? Do you love to design, develop and deliver driver training programmes? If so, read on!
Driver Trainer Responsibilities
- Achieve full legal compliance with the Operators’ License, Health and Safety and Driver Hour Regulations.
- Design, develop and carry out effective driver Induction and Training programmes, and regularly review to ensure Statutory Training requirements are met.
- Develop Training Course Materials and Driver Handbooks, using different learning styles to get the best out each trainee.
- Executing appropriate courses including tachograph, manual handling, fuel management, defensive driving and safety training.
- Classroom presentations on Highway Code, Drivers hours, Safe Loading (Steel), Health & Safety, and working time directive rules and regulations.
- Monitor costing for training programmes and keep within budgets.
- Keep up to date with developments in training i.e. reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses.
- Reviewing data from the in-cab telematics and Tachograph analysis systems including Driver Hour Infringements, MPG, Idling, Harsh Braking/Acceleration and agreeing a corrective training plan.
Driver Trainer Profile
- Full UK HGV Driving Licence.
- Driver and Training and Assessment Related qualifications (RTITB, RHA, SAFED and/or equivalent).
- Train the Trainer Qualification/Assessor Qualifications.
- JAUPT approved training assessor.
- CPC Qualification.
- Understand and adhere to Legal Requirements i.e. Health & Safety.
- Demonstrate ability to prepare effective written and visual teaching materials in line with course requirements.
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office and TruTac.
- Good communication skills, interaction at all levels internal and external.
- Ability to maintain high standards whilst working under pressure.
- Problem solving/logical thinking.
- Team player with a flexible attitude.
If you think you have the relevant skills, please send your CV to email@example.com
Please note due to responses we can only respond to successful candidates which will be within 48 hours of your application. Thank you!