£30,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
Due to the continued growth within our established Audit department, we are looking for an Audit Senior to join our team, in Birmingham. You will be responsible for planning, delivering and finalising audit assignments for Manager and Partner review. You would be joining an extremely experienced and supportive team that uses the latest technology and allows flexibility with where you work.
This role will allow you to work with a broad and diverse range of clients which will give you more exposure to companies within different industries. You will see assignments through from start to finish and build and develop, long lasting, client relationships.
This role is suitable for someone who is driven and passionate about progressing, within audit. We know that progression is important to most people so you will play an active part in training and developing more junior members of the team. This will allow you to shape and build your own leadership style.
- Provide liaison between client and Manager during the audit
- Supervise the audit team, providing leadership, control and guidance as required
- Ensure that high standards of quality, reporting and advice are maintained throughout the audit
- Plan the assignment and supervise the team in order to complete work on time and within budget and identify alternative or innovative methods of completing the assignment
- Review the work of allocated staff, answering all but the most difficult fieldwork queries and ensure that files are prepared in accordance with the audit manual for managerial review
- Co-ordinate the documentation and file work, including the management letter and other reports, to complete an assignment for review by the Manager
- Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of current technical matters
- Become and remain familiar with the market in which the client operates
- Liaise with the Tax Department in respect of tax related activity
- Prepare and discuss assignment appraisal reports
- Assist in the development of other, more junior, professional staff
- Participate in discussions at clients or other meetings
- Perform detailed technical work as required; contribute to technical or other discussions with the client showing commercial awareness, skill and initiative in handling complex technical matters
- To be aware of the latest technical developments through reading and attendance of courses (internal and external)
- Carry out duties in accordance with office procedures manual
- To provide ad-hoc support to other members of the audit department as require
- A professional qualification (ACA, ACCA)
- Be able to build strong relationships
- Give exceptional client service
- Can prioritise workload
- Great time management skills
- Able to work to deadlines
- Strong work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- To have an understanding of the affect of taxes on a set of accounts
- To have an understanding of the technical aspects concerning a set of limited company accounts
- Ability to use/learn software and systems operated by the firm as appropriate (e.g. Caseware, CorTax, MYOB AE Central), and new software packages introduced as required
- To have a good understanding of relevant Microsoft Office software, e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel and any other packages relevant to the role.
Due to the unprecedented volume of response we are currently receiving, regrettably we are no longer able to respond to every application individually. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume your application for this role has been unsuccessful. We do read each CV carefully and if the situation changes or another potentially suitable role becomes active, we will be back in contact.