£23,091 to £24,024 Per Annum
Talk to us
I am delighted to be working for a very valued client of mine, an Educational Charity Trust, who are committed to enriching the lives and transforming the futures for children.
The successful candidate will be responsible to the Deputy/Assistant Head of Academy for leading the work of the academy administration team (including reception), ensuring that that a high level of service is provided to staff, student and visitors.
The purpose of the role:
The role will involve supporting the PA to the Head of Academy on a daily basis with the provision of a confidential secretarial and admin service to the Head of Academy. This role is a full time role - working term time only + 10 days.
Key Accountabilities of the role:
- Maintain overall responsibility for managing the administration team and quality assure their work
- Oversee the telephone switchboard system/reception, take telephone calls and ensure messages are relayed
- Receive all incoming e-mails to the academy and forward to relevant staff members or respond as appropriate
- Oversee the accurate inputting of student details on to the academy’s SIMS database by Administration staff
- Co-ordinate termly collection of data from parents/carers necessary for the accurate maintenance of the SIMS database
- Be responsible for creating and issuing admission packs for new students, ensuring admission forms are completed, returned and recorded on SIMS
- Be responsible for mid-year admissions
- Be responsible for external communication with parents, managing and maintaining the schools parental communication software
- Provide essential input to the set-up of ParentPay cashless system
- Help to produce the school newsletter in conjunction with SMTBe responsible for ordering stationery supplies and control stock levels
- Weekly preparation of the staff bulletin
- Make necessary travel arrangements as and when required
- Create and maintain a reception cover rota
- Take notes at meetings
- Provide confidential admin support to the Head of Academy and their PA
Key Experience and Knowledge for the role:
- Educated to GCSE Level A*-C or equivalent in English and Maths
- IT or secretarial qualifications
- An intermediate or higher qualification in word processing/typing skills
- Substantial experience in an admin role
- Good working knowledge of IT systems including MS Words, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and email
- Line Management experience
- Previous experience of working within education would be highly desirable
- Pleasant and confident telephone manner
- Excellent Administrative skills
- Ability to prioritise and deal with conflicting demands
If this role has caught your attention and you would like further information, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Alternatively, if you feel you have the relevant skills, experience and knowledge, please apply today.
- Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
If you think you have the relevant skills, please email your CV to email@example.com
Please note due to responses we can only respond to successful candidates which will be within 48 hours of your application. Thank you!